[quagga-dev 582] Re: TESTING REQUESTED: logfile/config modes configurable

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Wed Dec 24 15:24:12 GMT 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Greg Troxel wrote:

> In 439, I am not sure of the consequences of the change, in terms
> of whether the other daemons are set up to handle this and what
> existing practice is for ZAPI_MESSAGE_DISTANCE.

It seems the protocol daemons send this, but zebra itself does not
send distance for routes when it redistributes. Although, at least
ospfd and ripd do check whether DISTANCE is included in the message.
(ospfd doesnt seem to use it though, AFAICT).

> I don't run rip at all, so I would like to avoid committing to it.

Its something to test out though. The daemons I've looked at clearly
do expect zebra to possibly send distance information.

	warning: do not ever send email to spam at dishone.st
Fortune:
What the scientists have in their briefcases is terrifying.
		-- Nikita Khruschev