[quagga-dev 222] Re: [zebra 20411] vtysh

Damien Lim damien.lim at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 5 08:06:56 BST 2003

Mike,
I don't think you can do that unfortunately. If vtysh is enabled, the only way to control the protocol daemons is through vtysh. If you would like to use ssh or telnet, you must compile it without vtysh. I was wondering why you would want to pass commands to vtysh through ssh/telnet?

Best regards,
Damien

mikeliu <mikeliu at netrd.iii.org.tw> wrote:
All,

As far as I know, a hack would be setting up a user that can login per SSH and has vtysh as shell in /etc/passwd. I am wondering how sshd or telnetd passes commands to vtysh since I would like to write a program like what sshd or telnetd does.

Thank you so much!!

Mike