[quagga-dev 223] Re: [zebra 20411] vtysh

Nipper, Arnold arnold at nipper.de
Fri Sep 5 09:17:10 BST 2003

On Friday, September 05, 2003 8:50 AM, mikeliu <mikeliu at netrd.iii.org.tw>
wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> As far as I know, a hack would be setting up a user that can login per
SSH
>> and has vtysh as shell in /etc/passwd. I am wondering how sshd or telnetd
>> passes commands to vtysh since I would like to write a program like what
>> sshd or telnetd does.

That works the same way as your sshd passes commands to sh or bash or
whatever. Nothing special. I've not yet done this with zebra/quagga but with
ZebOS which also comes with a vtysh. That's how the password entry looks
like

zebos:x:106:102:ZebOS VTYSH admin account:/home/zebos:/usr/local/sbin/vtysh

Arnold