[quagga-dev 261] Re: [quagga-users 491] Re: Hardware Spec for a route server

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Mon Sep 29 12:42:48 BST 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Gilad Arnold wrote:

> As I said, the profiling conclusions make sense to me (that is, in and
> out are the same), so you may have a point here: I guess it could be
> easily tested with a simple script that adds some 10-20K static routes
> via iproute2, then delete them, with proper timestamps. What do you say?

just wondering, netlink can have multipart messages. does zebra make
use of this? or does it send one rtnetlink message per netlink
datagramme? and if not could we (hint hint gilad) make of use of
multipart messages? (and does that imply queuing and coalescing
support? ie rib_process queue -> message queue -> coalesce)

	warning: do not ever send email to spam at dishone.st
Fortune:
The reward for working hard is more hard work.