[quagga-dev 1034] Re: [zebra 21256] Re: BGP & MD5 neighbours

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Fri Apr 9 14:59:16 BST 2004

At 02:23 AM 09/04/2004, Paul Jakma wrote:
>On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>
> > FreeBSD has it as well in RELENG_4. In fact, I use it for our peers
> > who want MD5.  The patches are here
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~bms/dump/quagga-tcpmd5/
> >
> > for Quagga.
>
>Fascinating, how similar is the OpenBSD support?

I dont know, but my guess similar.

>I wouldnt have any
>objections to patches to add support for MD5 socket options if it
>added support for more than just OBSD.
>
>(also, why do comments in the patch refer to PF_KEY and Security
>Associations?)

Thats where the MD5 stuff is, in the IPSEC part of the stack.  Sort of
makes sense when you think of it. You are creating a policy between two
hosts, similar to the way you would create a policy for IPSEC associations.

You would have to contact Bruce for more details.

         ---Mike