[quagga-dev 1042] Re: [quagga-users 1696] TCP MD5 for BGP and Linux

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Fri Apr 16 16:00:27 BST 2004

[stripped off quagga-users@]

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 16:33, Rick Payne wrote:
> --On Friday, April 16, 2004 3:55 pm +0300 Hasso Tepper <hasso at estpak.ee>
> wrote:
>
> > Don't ask from me why it is done this way etc. It's not my work. I
> > only updated kernel patch (original was against 2.4.16) written by
> > Rick Payne.
>
> I have updated patches for both 2.4.x and 2.6.x that use the crypto
> infrastructure which is neater than including its own md5 implementation.
> I'll try and get them up on sourceforge in the next week. If anyone needs
> them sooner, drop me an e-mail.

*wave* ;)

Especially if it can also do IPv6, if not, pass it to me and I'll have a
look at it as that might prove very interresting especially for eg my
GRH project which is using EBGP multihop sessions even traveling the
transatlantic.

> The thing that really needs fixing is the quagga cli so the preload hackery
> can go away. The preload hack was done by David Schwartz (to give credit to
> the right person).

Updating Quagga should not pose much of a problem and if the IPv6 stuff
isn't in there yet I might be inclined to add that too...

Greets,
 Jeroen