[quagga-dev 1078] Re: point-to-point patch

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Tue Apr 27 13:20:41 BST 2004

Andrew J. Schorr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am attaching a patch to enhance quagga support for point-to-point
> interfaces.  Based on my (perhaps incomplete) understanding of
> the current code, it is mostly designed to support PtP connections
> where the local and peer addresses are borrowed from other
> interfaces and specified with a /32 netmask.  In the case where one
> wants to have a specifically assigned subnet (typically /30) for a
> PtP link (not sharing IP addresses with other interfaces), quagga
> does not seem to work.  Under linux using the iproute2 tools, it is
> certainly possible to assign a subnet to a PtP link, and it is
> optional whether to specify a peer address in such a case.  This
> patch gets quagga to support that scenario.

I read only briefly patch and IMHO it makes sense. My understanding
about topic might not be good as well, as I never used Quagga with
PtP interfaces myself. No time to test it though, because I have no
time for Quagga until end of May.

Anyway, any test reports from users having problems and/or using PtP
interfaces are most needed.

Thanks for your work, Andrew.

--
Hasso Tepper