[quagga-dev 1379] Re: Dynamic Reconfiguration of Quagga (OSPF)

Andrew J. Schorr aschorr at telemetry-investments.com
Wed Aug 4 04:26:16 BST 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 12:34:46PM +1200, Matt Brown wrote:
> 1) Does quagga currently support interface configuration and status
> changing while quagga is running?

I certainly don't claim to be an expert on this, but I do believe that
quagga is intended to support this as currently written.  That being
said, I have myself encountered some bugs in this functionality that
I have not had a chance to track down.  But, in principle, the zebra daemon
should monitor for kernel-generated events indicating interface configuration
and status changes, and zebra should propagate them to ospfd.  Have you
tried "debug zebra kernel" and "debug zebra events" to see what's going
on?

-Andy