[quagga-dev 1384] Re: Dynamic Reconfiguration of Quagga (OSPF)

Matt Brown matt at mattb.net.nz
Fri Aug 6 02:51:19 BST 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 16:00, Paul Jakma wrote:
<snip>
> Depends, if zebra loses consistency with kernel, then you're hitting
> the netlink problem, which requires a good bit of work to fix.
>
> Else, if ospfd becomes inconsistent with zebra, that should fixable,
> if you can provide 'debug ospf zebra' logs and other relevant
> information.

OK. This is good to know. I haven't had time to sit down and try and
reproduce the behaviour that I was seeing yet, so for know I will assume
that quagga is functioning correctly.

> If I understood your question correctly, you shouldnt need to
> externally (manually or programmatically) adjust zebra/ospfd to deal
> with kernel interface changes.

This however, I am not so sure about. From my understanding of how OSPF
works and the configuration that quagga requires, I need to specify a
network blah/blah area blah
style line for each interface that I want OSPF to be active on. At the
time quagga is started I don't know what this network line needs to be,
and indeed even if I do it may change at some point in the future. This
scenario means that I need a way to update quagga's configuration while
it is running.

Does this make sense?

Regards

--