[quagga-dev 1388] Re: Dynamic Reconfiguration of Quagga (OSPF)

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Wed Aug 11 04:11:41 BST 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Matt Brown wrote:

> OK. This is good to know. I haven't had time to sit down and try and
> reproduce the behaviour that I was seeing yet, so for know I will assume
> that quagga is functioning correctly.

Well, it mightnt be, but you know what to look for now hopefully.

> This however, I am not so sure about. From my understanding of how
> OSPF works and the configuration that quagga requires, I need to
> specify a network blah/blah area blah style line for each interface
> that I want OSPF to be active on.

Each 'network', not interface - it's an inclusive match too.

> At the time quagga is started I don't know what this network line
> needs to be, and indeed even if I do it may change at some point in
> the future.

Surely you know what networks are assigned to/in-use in your
organisation? See above, you can just specify a very general network
prefix, eg 192.168.0.0/16..

> This scenario means that I need a way to update quagga's
> configuration while it is running.
>
> Does this make sense?

Not once you realise a network statement for x/y will enable OSPF on
all interfaces that fall within x/y. ;)

> Matt Brown

Where you stand depends on where you sit.
 		-- Rufus Miles, HEW