[quagga-dev 1411] Re: Dynamic Reconfiguration of Quagga (OSPF)

Matt Brown matt at mattb.net.nz
Sat Aug 14 05:28:28 BST 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 16:07, Paul Jakma wrote:

> Aha.. so the problem is we dont deal with the name change.

Indeed, it seems so obvious now that it's been mentioned... :)

So how hard of a problem is this to solve? Does quagga get enough
information from the kernel to detect that the interfaces name has
changed and react appropriately?

The thing that confuses me in the output after PCMCIA has been restarted
(show below) is that quagga thinks OSPF is enabled but not running on
eth0, and that it is not even enabled on shr-uni. If you look at the
ospfd configuration file found at
http://www.wand.net.nz/~mglb1/quagga-config-explanation

you will see that there is a stanza for shr-uni but not for eth0. So if
quagga was going to get confused I would have thought it would be have
been the opposite way around.

shr# show ip ospf interface
eth0 is down
  OSPF is enabled, but not running on this interface
lo is up
  OSPF not enabled on this interface
shr-int is up
  Internet Address 10.1.224.1/24, Area 0.0.0.0
  Router ID 10.1.224.1, Network Type BROADCAST, Cost: 5
  Transmit Delay is 1 sec, State Backup, Priority 1
  Designated Router (ID) 10.1.12.254, Interface Address 10.1.224.254
  Backup Designated Router (ID) 10.1.224.1, Interface Address 10.1.224.1
  Timer intervals configured, Hello 10, Dead 40, Wait 40, Retransmit 5
    Hello due in 00:00:05
  Neighbor Count is 1, Adjacent neighbor count is 1
shr-uni is up
  OSPF not enabled on this interface
teql0 is down
  OSPF not enabled on this interface

Thanks very much for all your help so far in debugging this problem.

Regards

--
Matt Brown
Email:	matt at mattb.net.nz