[quagga-dev 1417] Re: ripd tests for multicast flag -- is that correct?

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Thu Aug 19 04:28:11 BST 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I can't believe what I read in the code!
>
> In NetBSD 1.6.2ish sys/netinet/ip_output.c, the following is called to
> find the interface to process a setsockopt of IP_MULTICAST_IF.
> So passing in the ifindex in network order as the address would seem
> to work.

Hmm.. I just hit this problem (I have the same address attached to
multiple interfaces) and came across this thread. I'm going to fix
ripd.c and rip_interface.c to pass the ifindex, which should cure my
problem..

how can we test for this behaviour though? You'd need a wee test case
to have autoconf compile and run to see whether setsockopt of above
worked.

possibly just a static OS version test would be better.

> Clearly this needs some autoconf stuff to select this behavior.  I
> should read RFC1724, but haven't yet.

Such a fine first dream!
But they laughed at me; they said
I had made it up.