[quagga-dev 1438] Thoughts about vtysh

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Sat Aug 28 16:22:26 BST 2004

I cleaned vtysh a little bit, walked through code and here are some more
thoughts I would like to do with vtysh now:

1) Remove vtysh_user.c from compilation for now. There is no any point to
authenticate users in vtysh at the moment. It may even give users false
sense that it gives them some extra security. It doesn't - only permissions
of files in localstatedir matter.

2) Bugzilla #104. Bring vty related commands into vtysh. It gives users the
way to configure vty related stuff in all daemons at once (like other
similar stuff in vtysh -log config etc). But does it make sense really?

3) Make enable node default in vtysh.

4) Not really vtysh stuff, but all nodes have "write *" commands. No point
IMHO and we have "do <enable_node_command>" for that. Cli commands in
general needs cleaning anyway, this would be start.

--
Hasso Tepper
Elion Enterprises Ltd.