[quagga-dev 1367] Re: ospf6d development advice

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Thu Jul 22 19:47:34 BST 2004

Spagnolo, Phillip A wrote:
> I am about to begin a development project on ospf6d.  I checked out
> Quagga 0.96.5 and the latest version in cvs.  The ospf6d code seems
> to be significantly changed between the two.  Can anyone offer some
> advice as to where I should begin development?  Is the latest
> version fairly stable?

Ospf6d code in 0.96.5 is obsolete. Code in CVS is complete rewrite.
There is no significant differences between ospf6d code in Zebra and
Quagga CVS. Code in Quagga has only some specific changes (privilege
separation, signal handling etc.). Ospf6d code is one of few things
in Zebra which has still active maintainer and code is evolving. I
recommend contact him if you have questions about ospf6d - Yasuhiro
Ohara <yasu at sfc.wide.ad.jp>.

I don't know how stable it is though, it works, but I haven't used it
in production.

Hasso Tepper
Elion Enterprises Ltd.
WAN administrator