[quagga-dev 1276] Re: point-to-point ospf on ethernet not working

Birger Schmidt bs-quagga-dev at mail.local-web.net
Mon Jun 14 16:56:03 BST 2004

On Monday 14 June 2004 17:17, Andrew J. Schorr wrote:
> Is the wireless link a broadcast medium like an ethernet?
> If broadcast, then you may need that tunnel.  But I'm not clear
> on whether this is a quagga issue or a kernel issue, since
> I have never tried to run an ethernet interface in point-to-point
> mode.
if i wanna patch quagga for my issue - where i have to do this.
say which part of the code is the decission ptp vs. broadcast is made?
> Do you have any of these wireless links up and running?  What do you
> get when you run "ip link show"?
9: ath1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc prio qlen 199
    link/ether 00:01:24:70:49:e1 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

> So which flag applies to the link: BROADCAST or POINTOPOINT?
> If it says POINTOPOINT, I don't think you will have any problems...
as you can see: BROADCAST
so what should i do now?

bye bye birger