[quagga-dev 1306] Strlcpy and strlcat

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Tue Jun 22 07:18:08 BST 2004

lib/str.c contains strlcpy and strlcat "implementations". I'd like to
have real implementations there to use strlcpy mostly. It affects
only Linux AFAIK, *BSD, Solaris, HP-UX etc. have these functions.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2002-01/msg00002.html

Problem for me is where to get implementations. I know, BSD licence
without advertising clause is compatible with GPL etc., but AFAIK we
just can't say that Quagga is completely GPL then any more. That's
why many projects have their own implementations (Linux kernel, KDE
etc). So I'd better borrow implementations from kernel, but would
like to know opinions from others.

--
Hasso Tepper
Elion Enterprises Ltd.