[quagga-dev 1885] Re: Zebra Ospfd and bgpd is dieing

Andrew J. Schorr aschorr at telemetry-investments.com
Mon Nov 15 16:26:53 GMT 2004

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 04:18:54PM +0000, Paul Jakma wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Andrew J. Schorr wrote:
> >Is there any reason for show_memory_vty() and the various struct
> >memory_list
> >arrays (such as memory_list_lib, memory_list_bgp) to be global and
> >not static?
>
> If its not called outside of that file...

They are referenced only inside that file.

> Note that --enable-gcc-ultra-verbose should warn about global but
> not externally referenced functions. One of the "we should fix at
> some stage" things i was referrring to. Feel free ;)

I have that flag turned on, but I don't see how gcc can warn about
global functions that are not externally referenced unless it is
simultaneously processing all of the other source files in the package.

What gcc does say is this:

   memory.c:449: warning: no previous declaration for `show_memory_vty'

That's what tipped me off.

But my real concern is about the shared libraries and what interfaces
we are trying to export.  I'm afraid of making something static that
is somehow being used by client code that is not part of the quagga
distribution...

-Andy