[quagga-dev 1711] Re: [quagga-users 3044] Re: feedback -> ospfd oversized lsa / ospf_write fragmentation

Andrew J. Schorr aschorr at telemetry-investments.com
Fri Oct 29 17:25:43 BST 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 05:00:24PM +0100, Paul Jakma wrote:
> Yes. Probably make DEFUN, etc.. use the fork version, add
> DEFUN_NOFORK for non-fork (which would have to include any commands
> that changed configuration).

Yes, one needs to be careful about that.

> >But I wonder if using the buffer_write mechanism couldn't solve the
> >problem in many cases (where the output is perhaps large but not
> >gargantuan).
>
> Well, seeing as how it /is/ scatter-gather already, that kills the
> "huge static buffer per command" argument. I guess it could work with
> some untangling. Are you volunteering? ;)

Not right now, perhaps later if I get some time.

At the moment, I am more concerned with the interface renaming problem.
Matt Brown's patches seem to have at least one bug (that Hasso pointed
out in an email on Oct. 23, quagga-dev 1683, no response yet), so I don't
know what the status is there.  If somebody doesn't tackle this soon, I may
have to fix that.  That's a much higher priority for me.

-Andy