[quagga-dev 1474] Re: link detection on NetBSD

Miles Nordin carton at Ivy.NET
Mon Sep 13 16:22:43 BST 2004

    dy> Both ath(4) and atw(4) should support it, also.

I checked by searching for calls to rt_ifmsg.

   ajs> In the past, link-detect state has been stored in the
   ajs> IFF_RUNNING flag bit.  Is that not possible

BSD apparently has a different API for link-detect that supports three
states: up, down, and unknown.  The flag is inside the ifm_data field
of RTM_IFINFO messages along with the statistics.  BSD also has
IFF_RUNNING, but uses it for something different, I'm not sure what.

--
Le fascisme est la dictature ouverte de la bourgeoisie.
		-- Georg Dimitrov