[quagga-dev 1553] Re: [quagga-users 2787] Re: Multiple OSPF

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Tue Sep 28 15:11:42 BST 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Rick Payne wrote:

> Surely the zebra protocol needs a bit of an overhaul to make such a
> thing work correctly? As I recall, when you redistribute a
> protocol, it only allows you to specify the protocol type (ie.
> OSPF) rather then the protocol and instance (as you can do on other
> routers).

It still works correctly, at least for redistribution. You just dont
have ability to specify which OSPF domain, you'd get both. Ie there
would be no fine-grained ability for other daemons to specify which
OSPF instance they want.

Whether there'd be other problems...

> I would resist going down the 'quick hack' route of running multiple
> instances of ospfd unaltered - it will only lead to misunderstandings.

Probably. ;)

> Rick

Program load too heavy for processor to lift.