[quagga-dev 3083] Re: interface rename problems

Matt Brown matt at mattb.net.nz
Sat Apr 2 03:44:41 BST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 21:07 -0500, Andrew J. Schorr wrote:

> OK, but what would the syntax be?  In the past, we have tried to be
> compatible with Cisco IOS syntax.  What should the syntax here be?
> Should it be an option to show interface?  Or should it be a global
> configuration setting that would affect all commands that display
> interfaces?

Well the syntax is currently

show ip ospf interface [interface]

So you could simply have quagga recognise a pseudo interface name of
"all" to display all interfaces.

Would cause problems if somebody ever actually had an interface
literally called all and wanted to display it only, but that seems
rather rare...

Alternatively you could have
show ip ospf interface-all
but that doesn't seem very nice to me!