[quagga-dev 3088] Crosscompiling Quagga

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Sat Apr 2 18:45:44 BST 2005

There have been some complaints lately that Quagga can't be crosscompiled,
so I decided to look at it and discovered that there is only one problem -
AC_TRY_RUN is used to check broken CMSG_FIRSTHDR macro. Programs can't be
run during crosscompiling and this AC_TRY_RUN is unconditional. Andrew,
logs show that you introduced it ;).

I removed this check for testing and I have now Quagga binaries for arm and
s390 compiled in my laptop.

There is one more AC_TRY_RUN, but this doesn't bite me as Linux user, but it
will affect *BSD users probably. It's used if system isn't linux, solaris 6
or 8 (what a combination? ;P) or irix and kernel interface method is
checked using this. Greg, can you look at it?

--
Hasso Tepper
Elion Enterprises Ltd.