[quagga-dev 3094] Re: Crosscompiling Quagga

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Sun Apr 3 00:29:57 BST 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 08:45:44PM +0300, Hasso Tepper wrote:
> There have been some complaints lately that Quagga can't be crosscompiled,
> so I decided to look at it and discovered that there is only one problem -
> AC_TRY_RUN is used to check broken CMSG_FIRSTHDR macro. Programs can't be
> run during crosscompiling and this AC_TRY_RUN is unconditional. Andrew,
> logs show that you introduced it ;).
>
> I removed this check for testing and I have now Quagga binaries for arm and
> s390 compiled in my laptop.
>
> There is one more AC_TRY_RUN, but this doesn't bite me as Linux user, but it
> will affect *BSD users probably. It's used if system isn't linux, solaris 6
> or 8 (what a combination? ;P) or irix and kernel interface method is
> checked using this. Greg, can you look at it?

Hasso and all,

Just in case it interests somebody on the list, my project
cross-compiles Quagga using the NetBSD cross-compile framework and
and so-called "reachover" Makefiles.  We imported the sources in
<http://svn.cuwireless.net:8080/svn/cuw/trunk/extern-src/quagga/>.
The reachover makefiles are in
<http://svn.cuwireless.net:8080/svn/cuw/trunk/src/quagga/>.  This
may be of special interest if you want to cross-build routers with
NetBSD+zebra+ospfd/hslsd for CD-ROM or for CompactFlash card.

Dave