[quagga-dev 3114] Re: list loop cleanup/audit

Andrew J. Schorr aschorr at telemetry-investments.com
Tue Apr 5 15:43:56 BST 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 03:32:00PM +0100, Paul Jakma wrote:
> >3. Regarding the QUAGGA_DEPRECATED stuff: isn't the net result going to
> >be a warning message every time a source file is compiled?
>
> No, cause Quagga won't define it. It's there to allow 3rd party code
> to continue to compile - one of hasso's other objections from
> previously.

OK, I didn't realize you had removed all instances of the old macros.
In that case, this makes sense.

> Personally, I think squashing bugs is far more important than trying
> to stay as compatible as possible for ease of merging ever more
> hypothethical GNU Zebra changes..

I agree with you, but I do not ever merge code from zebra; I was just
trying to be sympathetic to others who might.

For myself, I agree that vanquishing all bugs is the highest priority!
As far as I'm concerned, you can go ahead, but perhaps others disagree...

Regards,
Andy