[quagga-dev 3121] Re: tips or guide needed howto wite a complex buildroot makefile

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Wed Apr 6 08:11:14 BST 2005

Paul Jakma wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Claus Klein wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > while providing a buildroot makefile for the ospf router package
> > quagga I run into some problems:
> >
> > 1.) quagga needs netsnmp, and netsnmp needs openssl libs and
> > headers installed.
>
> You dont need netsnmp. net-snmp is build-time configurable - just
> leave it out if that suits you better.

It is required if you want to have snmp support though ;).

> > 2.) how to prevent that the host libs and headers are found and
> > used while configure?
>
> That should be handled fine already. LDFLAGS includes
> -L$(top_builddir)/lib before any other paths - similarly for the
> variable which controls -I. (INCLUDEFLAGS - i dont recall off the top
> of my head).

There is no such thing. The only way to handle this is to use CFLAGS for
specifying extra includes. That's the way most software packages handle
this:

--with-extra-includes=DIR
--with-extra-libs=DIR

and per important library:

--with-snmp-dir=DIR
--with-snmp-libraries=DIR
--with-snmp-includes=DIR
etc.

This should give the fine grained control over the build process.

--
Hasso Tepper
Elion Enterprises Ltd.