[quagga-dev 3324] Re: zebra rib work queue

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Tue Apr 26 10:13:43 BST 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Simon Talbot wrote:

> down all of it's neighbours that often -- It could be as little as 10
> seconds.

Hmm, it should be very low. I just tried on my ipaq (66MHz RAM, Intel
XScale PXA 250 clocked down to 200MHz) and it only 'lags' for 4s
while clearing about 40k routes with zebra (it only has 64MB of RAM).

(CVS + zebra_rib workqueue + andrews ifdef patch from yesterday).

> The Two peer shutdown is definitely of the order of 3.5 minutes
> however -- I will try and clarify the other figure when I get an
> opportunity in a maintenance window later in the week.

Hmm.. Ok, time to look at more peers.

It is only the great men who are truly obscene.  If they had not dared
to be obscene, they could never have dared to be great.
 		-- Havelock Ellis