[quagga-dev 3574] How to send ICMP packet from ripd? & How does ripd set default metric?

huanjun liu jaccoliu at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 02:45:57 BST 2005

Hi.
I am trying to send ICMP packets from rip daemon to grab round trip time to
peers.
My problem is that,
I am able to create "socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, 1)" in rip_main.c but fail to
put it in ripd.c.

The "rip_send_packet()" in ripd.c uses "socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0)".
Does it imply that I can't generate ICMP traffic from ripd.c ?

And another question is that how ripd sets default metric 1 to directly
connected networks.
I read rip_init() but counld go further. How does it link to other
subroutines?

Regards.