[quagga-dev 3594] Re: quagga MRIB (from MBGP/IPv4 Multicast)

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Fri Aug 19 20:00:41 BST 2005

Hi Hugo,

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Hugo Santos wrote:

> As a side question, i would like to know if there is a stable
> interface (and if such interface doesn't exist if there is interest
> for it) for external RIB/MRIB queries and possibly receiving events
> when prefixes change or are added/removed.

It does yes.

> After a quick traversal through Quagga's source i would say that
> you must be explicitly in the redistribution tables (and thus
> change Quagga to use such interface),

Unfortunately, correct. There isn't a good means to use zserv
'anonymously'. This hopefully will be fixed when someone gets round
to cleaning up zserv.

> but maybe the zebra protocol broadcasts messages also by other
> means and i'm wrong?

It doesn't at the moment, but I have no problem at all with
allocating the required identifiers to external projects, until Zserv
does. Send diff, you get! :)

The joys of love made her human and the agonies of love destroyed her.
 		-- Spock, "Requiem for Methuselah", stardate 5842.8