[quagga-dev 3857] Re: Configure rtadv from another software

Romain KUNTZ kuntz at sfc.wide.ad.jp
Thu Dec 1 09:36:41 GMT 2005

Hi again,

Maybe someone will be interested in such feature, so here is patch
against quagga-0.99.2 that allows dynamic advertisement of new prefixes:
http://software.nautilus6.org/packages/quagga/quagga-0.99.2-netlink-rtadv.tar.bz2

Basically, a new Interface Command is available for neighbor discovery.
When activated, rtadv listens to rtnetlink. When an address is added to
an interface, the prefix the address is configured from is automatically
  advertised on the link. When the address is deleted, the prefix is not
advertised anymore.

The motivation is for example when you use prefix delegation for IPv6,
you do not need to configure rtadv once you received your prefixes and
configured your interface's address.

Regards,

Romain

--