[quagga-dev 3858] Re: tiny zserv problem on solaris

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Thu Dec 1 10:14:21 GMT 2005

Ok, something like (untested):

quad word support in stream API:

http://hibernia.jakma.org/~paul/patches/quagga-lib-stream-quadword.diff

Zserv 64bit ifflags:

http://hibernia.jakma.org/~paul/patches/quagga-zserv-64bit-ifflags.diff

Only fly in the ointment is that the zserv command field is actually
just one byte. I must have confused lower byte of length with the
command field somehow (could have sworn it was two bytes).

So we don't have a convenient version field. We can instead set the
current command field to ~0 maybe (unknown command for any unmodified
clients), then after that we can diverge. Ie, the zserv header will
become:

 	word: length
 	byte: extended zserv marker -> ~0
 	byte: version
 	word: command

Old clients will just think it's a command they don't recognise.

Sound like a plan? (Hasso?)

Coward, n.:
 	One who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.