[quagga-dev 3859] Re: tiny zserv problem on solaris

Vincent Jardin Vincent.Jardin at 6wind.com
Thu Dec 1 16:23:15 GMT 2005

Paul,

> Ok, something like (untested):
>
> quad word support in stream API:
>
> http://hibernia.jakma.org/~paul/patches/quagga-lib-stream-quadword.diff

OK

> Zserv 64bit ifflags:
>
> http://hibernia.jakma.org/~paul/patches/quagga-zserv-64bit-ifflags.diff

OK, however into BSD and Linux specific files which are into zebra/
directory, do we need to mask it to 32 bits before doing a system call ?

By the way, maybe I missed something but I understood it was the ifindex
that was changed to 64 bits (which would have been more painful). Sorry
for the confusion.

> Only fly in the ointment is that the zserv command field is actually
> just one byte. I must have confused lower byte of length with the
> command field somehow (could have sworn it was two bytes).
>
> So we don't have a convenient version field. We can instead set the
> current command field to ~0 maybe (unknown command for any unmodified
> clients), then after that we can diverge. Ie, the zserv header will
> become:
>
>     word: length
>     byte: extended zserv marker -> ~0
>     byte: version
>     word: command
>
> Old clients will just think it's a command they don't recognise.

I think it is useless.

Regards,
  Vincent