[quagga-dev 3860] Re: tiny zserv problem on solaris

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Thu Dec 1 17:45:47 GMT 2005

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Vincent Jardin wrote:

> OK, however into BSD and Linux specific files which are into zebra/
> directory, do we need to mask it to 32 bits before doing a system call ?

Dang. Good point. I'll have to check that out. (C guarantees that it
will be the lower order bytes which are used when a type is converted
to a smaller size, right?).

> By the way, maybe I missed something but I understood it was the
> ifindex that was changed to 64 bits (which would have been more
> painful). Sorry for the confusion.

Nah, only the if_flags, sorry. Will any system ever need 64bit
ifindex? As per previous email, 32bit flags are easy to run out of -
32bit index not so easy.

> I think it is useless.

Yeah, personally, I wouldn't bother either. But not breaking things
too much seems easy enough.

You have a strong desire for a home and your family interests come first.