[quagga-dev 3877] Re: tiny zserv problem on solaris

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Wed Dec 7 14:48:22 GMT 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Your change seems fine, but I feel compelled to point out that there
> is still the brokenness between 'zebra flags' and 'kernel flags'.

Hmm, the 'zebra flags' are == kernel flags. We don't twiddle them
do we?

Are you referring to the IFF_RUNNING / ifa->link_state thing? I've
been meaning to fix that. (As per your previous suggestions, by
introducing abstracted flags, rather than twiddling zebra flags).

> So I wonder if you should instead add a unint64_t kernel_flags, and
> have the is_loopback, #ifdefed by SOLARIS, check kernel_flags &
> IFF_VIRTUAL, to get us on the right track.

It's an option. IFF_VIRTUAL is essentially a type of loopback as far
as we care. The only other flag at present above 32 bits is
IFF_FIXEDMTU, which isn't too interesting.

However, further flags may appear in the future, who knows.

I don't mind either solution (upping zebra flags, or treating as
loopback).

To craunch a marmoset.
 		-- Pedro Carolino, "English as She is Spoke"