[quagga-dev 3906] Re: rfc: patch for atomic route-'change/modify' in bsd, more

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Dec 29 16:13:01 GMT 2005

I applied several of these.  I will comment on the ones I didn't
apply.

When I applied patch-af, I got only one diff, even though patch was
happy.  So I committed (after reading the local diff to cvs).  Let me
know if more is needed.

cosmetic:

  I generally favor using the variable rather than its type for sizeof
  in memset/etc.  But I'd like to hear from others, since I don't
  think we have a documented style guide :-)

  using a symbolic v6 define in favor of 128 seems good.

  There is an added memset in addition to the above type changes.
  It looks safe (or fixes a bug), but I'd want to commit that
  separately.

  There's an AF_UNSPEC left remaining (observation, not complaint).

kernel-change:

  Looks ok to me on fast read, mostly.  the add in the opnotsupp
  delete/add case doesn't have the retval check.  I think this might
  benefit from another pair of eyes/comments.

masklen-simplify

  I'm not 100% sure what's up here, and don't want to commit without
  understanding.  So it would be nice for someone else to read/comment
  on this one.  Looks like using offsetof, and turning a
  perhaps-scary-but-can-be-argued-safe while into a clearly-safe for.
  So it seems good to me.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com>