[quagga-dev 3484] Re: rfc2385 problem

Petr Cervinka, AVONET, s.r.o. cervinka at avonet.cz
Fri Jun 3 15:55:04 BST 2005

Rick Payne wrote:
>> Also note that there are reports that MD5 patch crashes kernel.
>> Although I
>> can reproduce it randomly, I have no resources and knowledge to dig into
>> it. Someone with more knowledge about kernel internals might have idea:
>

> I've a few ideas, but not had the time or inclination to look at that
> code for ages.
>
> Rick

hi,
we have the same strange kernel panic as mentioned before, with quagga:
.
kernel BUG at slab.c:1130!
,

- this problem comes randomly after quagga start, sometimes is router
alive 1 minute, sometimes 2-3 days
- system is Debian Woody, quagga_0.98.3-0.backports
- vanilla kernel 2.4.28+rfc2385-2.4.28 patch, also tested vanilla kernel
2.4.29+rfc2385-2.4.28.patch, kernel-2.4.30+rfc2385-2.4.30.patch

- 1st idea was, that it is hardware problem, so we copied system to new
hardware, system panic again :(

 >> Also note that there are reports that MD5 patch crashes kernel.

do you think, that our problem is as same as you wrote ?

 > I've a few ideas, but not had the time or inclination to look at that

any idea about this should help ...

recompile quagga and kernel without MD5 support ?

thank you

--
Petr Cervinka, AVONET, s.r.o.