[quagga-dev 3516] Re: Quagga and long AS prefixes?

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Fri Jun 17 13:45:15 BST 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Christian Hammers wrote:

> Hi
>
> This is just FYI that RIPE announced to do some buffer overflow
> tests (*eg*) tomorrow.

They're not doing buffer overflow testing, they're probing for BGP
topology information i think.

(though, the risk of sending very very long AS-Path attrs is buffer
overflows in buggy implementations).

> For unknown reasons they did not include Quagga in the list of
> pretested routers so I hope there will be no problems :-)

Iirc, Jeroen Massar has already confirmed Quagga handles
many-many-segment AS-Path's pn NANOG. (/iirc/).

> bye,
>
> -christian-

People usually get what's coming to them ... unless it's been mailed.