[quagga-dev 3518] Re: Quagga and long AS prefixes?

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Sat Jun 18 01:36:21 BST 2005

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> In a completely silly way and with different ASN's in the AS set
> than what they announced, they said only 12654, but used 1221 in
> the set. It looked like:

> Only 2+65=67 long and basically as origin.

Well, only /3/ long really ;). (But 65 asn's in one segment).

> read: implementations by Vendor C :)

Tsk tsk. Let us not look down on the length-field-checking
challenged. ;)

> Oh don't worry about Quagga, that won't fall on it's face :)
>
> GRH once had a 160 long AS path for a couple of hours from multiple
> viewpoints and that thing still runs.

Wow :). That's good to hear.

I can't remember where I read your post mentioning that long
AS-Path's had already been seen via GRH. I thought it was on NANOG,
but couldn't find it back. But very good to know.

Reporter:   "How did you like school when you were growing up, Yogi?"
Yogi Berra: "Closed."