[quagga-dev 3524] Stub Network to Summary LSA

Vincent Jardin Vincent.Jardin at 6wind.com
Wed Jun 29 12:04:40 BST 2005

I have seen 2 behaviors and I am not sure which one should be considered
as correct:
  - when OSPFv2 gets a Network LSA thru a virtual Link, it generates a
summary LSA:
    + into all the connected areas (Cisco case) even if these areas
already have another summary LSA comming from another ABR (1).
    + into the connected areas that are not crossed by the Virtual Link
(Quagga case) (2)
  - when OSPFv2 gets s Stub Network (Router LSA) thru a virtual Link,
     + Cisco generates a summary LSA into each connected area (3),
     + Quagga does not generate any summary LSA into the connected areas
(4).

I do not see any recommandations about what should be the best practice:
(1) or (2) and (3) or (4) ?

I think it should be (2) and (3), doesn't it ? We could use abr_type
(cisco|standard|...) in order to control these behaviours :D
But what should the standard case be ?

Thanks,
  Vincent