[quagga-dev 3823] Re: ISISd implementation

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Wed Nov 9 08:23:42 GMT 2005

C Sherwin wrote:
> I noticed there are a lot of features missing, e.g.
> graceful restart, cryptographic authentication,
> even (at first glance) route redistribution (at least
> I couldn't find a way to configure it, although other
> protos had a redist command).
>
> I was wondering what kind of development is currently
> ongoing with respect to isisd as I might be interested
> in implementing some of the missing functionality.

There is a lot to do even with core. Interface up/down handling doesn't
work, a lot of SPF trigger events are missing, SPF itself has bugs
(especially regarding wide metrics) etc. etc. Yes, external info handling
is missing completely. It hasn't been in high place in my priorities list
because it doesn't have much point if even core doesn't work. I have
contributed external info support patch in my harddisk, but it's buggy,
contains stuff I don't agree with and is narrow metric only.

I have been busy with family/work/other stuff lately and Quagga hasn't
been in my priorities list at all :(. But contributions are always
welcome of course.

--
Hasso Tepper
Elion Enterprises Ltd.