[quagga-dev 3622] mtype caching again

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Mon Sep 5 16:07:13 BST 2005

Hi Andrew,

I've dusted off the caching patch from previously. I've updated it to
only cache mtype's explicitely marked as cacheable (which i think was
a major concern of yours from before - some types possibly not being
used correctly), see:

http://hibernia.jakma.org/~paul/patches/quagga-lib-mtype-cache.diff

I've always the concept of 'tides' and ebb/flow of allocations to
avoid caching allocation patterns which obviously we can't get a good
hit rate on.

Whether to cache a type or not is specified in the memtypes.c table,
rather than via seperate macros (seemed the laziest solution).

What do you reckon?

Out of the mouths of babes does often come cereal.