[quagga-dev 3632] Re: bgp assegment cleanup

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Tue Sep 6 22:16:55 BST 2005

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Paul Jakma wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Paul Jakma wrote:
>
>> http://hibernia.jakma.org/~paul/patches/quagga-bgpd-segment-cleanup.diff
>
> Updated, comes with seperate unit test now too (which it passes).

Updated again, the unit-test tests all exported functionality and
several sanity tests.

Given the existing code in CVS definitely won't even pass the tests
(presuming you adjust the test to use the old aspath definition)
without segfaulting, the new code fixes some functional bugs (eg
existing code does not properly strip leading confed sequences/sets
from the path, as the RFC says it should. It properly deals with 255
or greater length segments, some other things too i've forgotten),
I'm going to commit this unless someone offers some opinion..

The new code also does segment packing (merging multiple sequences
into one segment if it can), as well as as-set sorting (which the RFC
suggests, and which should help other implementations).

There must be at least 500,000,000 rats in the United States; of course,
I never heard the story before.