[quagga-dev 3643] Re: May we include this patch

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Sep 14 13:17:02 BST 2005

I'm uncomfortable adding /usr/local as a place to look; the code is
already broken to start with as it arguably should be trying to link
libraries or do test compiles.  Adding /usr/local makes this move
further from being able to cross compile.

I don't mean to sound hostile to FreeBSD ports - but I don't want to
bandaid something that is structurally wrong, because it doesn't
really solve the problem and could also have unattended consequences
(i.e., quagga configure has no business picking up libraries from
/usr/local if that's not in the default compiler search path and it
hasn't been instructed to do so).

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com>