[quagga-dev 3656] Re: 0.98.4 bug report: files ospf_opaque.c, ospf_vty.c and ospf6_asbr.c

Andrew J. Schorr aschorr at telemetry-investments.com
Sat Sep 17 19:47:32 BST 2005

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 06:20:21PM +0100, Paul Jakma wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, Andrew J. Schorr wrote:
> Those functions are bust, imho. Why would you delete an LSA from an
> area if it isn't in that area (impossible obviously)? Or from the
> OSPF domain, if it isn't in that OSPF domain? Ie both the functions
> are redundantly taking struct ospf_area * and struct ospf * arguments
> respectively.

OK.  I guess this should be cleaned up at some point, but my goals are more
modest at the moment: simply to eliminate the brain-damaged code that says
"struct ospf *ospf = ospf;".

> >and ospf_lookup() is used as a fallback (e.g.
> >register_opaque_info_per_type).
>
> Where's that?

One example is in lookup_opaque_info_by_type where it says:

      top = ospf_lookup ();
      if ((area = lsa->area) != NULL && (top = area->ospf) == NULL)
        {
          zlog_warn ("Type-11 Opaque-LSA: Reference to OSPF is missing?");

> >As you can tell, I don't fully understand what's going on with
> >these data structures, so I'm a bit hesitant about changing this...
>
> Give it a go. ;)

OK, I'll bang it in.

Regards,
Andy