[quagga-dev 3699] net-snmp problem

HolyLich lich at math.spbu.ru
Fri Sep 30 07:34:57 BST 2005

Hi, all!

I use quagga-0.99.1 and net-snmp-5.1.3.1
I have net-snmp includes installed in /usr/local/include/net-snmp

I'm trying to configure quagga with following options:
./configure --enable-snmp --disable-ipv6

and

make

It's successfully compiled, but I've notice no snmp code in it, no
constants HAVE_SNMP nor HAVE_NETSNMP defined.

Looking through the configure.ac script, I found that it doesn't checks
asn1.h in /usr/local/include/net-snmp/library, only

/usr/include/net-snmp/library/asn1.h
/usr/include/ucd-snmp/asn1.h
/usr/local/include/ucd-snmp/asn1.h

(str. 1019)

I've added /usr/local/include/net-snmp/library/asn1.h in that list, and
started process again. (autoconf, configure, make)

It failed, complaing that it cannot include asn1.h and other snmp-
related files.

When I replaced following piece of code in all snmp-related files

#ifdef HAVE_NETSNMP
#include <net-snmp/net-snmp-config.h>
#endif
#include <asn1.h>
#include <snmp.h>
#include <snmp_impl.h>

#if defined HAVE_NET_SNMP || defined HAVE_NETSNMP
#include <net-snmp/net-snmp-config.h>
#include <net-snmp/net-snmp-includes.h>
#else
#include <asn1.h>
#include <snmp.h>
#include <snmp_impl.h>
#endif

It somehow compiled.

Also, I've noticed two different constants: HAVE_NET_SNMP and
HAVE_NETSNMP. What's the difference?

Please, tell me all Black Magic with net-snmp in quagga!

Thanks.