[quagga-dev 4163] Re: example libzebra zclient utility

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Thu Jun 8 22:44:30 BST 2006

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Andrew J. Schorr wrote:

> Yes, I did, thank you.  Sorry to be so slow to respond.

No doubt still backlogged with real work. ;)

> Yes, that basically looks good, although I haven't tried it or
> checked the code.  But I'm asssuming it does what it's supposed to
> do.

It builds the redist strings at the moment. Doesn't yet generate the
tables which are presently in log.c.

> I'm not sure whether this number feature is needed, but I suppose
> it can't hurt.  But I wouldn't invest too much effort in it.  Is
> there some special reason you want that?  Just out of fear that the
> logic to build the redist strings may not work correctly?

Well, was thinking it could allow 3rd party daemons to work (in the
'able to redistribute' sense) even if the command strings for some
Quagga protocol daemon was not patched by that 3rd party daemon.

Not sure if it's worth it.

> Yes, I think this is the right way to go (a table declaring the
> attributes of each protocol, and then some awk code to generate the
> endlessly repeated, mindlessly repetitive strings based on that).

Ok, I'll add it to CVS so.

Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.