[quagga-dev 4180] Re: possible ospfd bug: in state ExStart with routers that are neither DR nor BDR

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Thu Jun 29 02:23:46 BST 2006

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Andrew J. Schorr wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is at all helpful; I doubt it. :-(

There was an election on your network and the DR and/or BDR changed
(presumably both).

77's NSM for some reason failed to reset state properly for those two
routers, or missed an AdjOK? event...

Can you dump core of 77's ospfd? (e.g. 'gcore' or with gdb?).
Actually, 'show ip ospf neigh <ip addr>' for each of the ExStart
neighbours probably is all the info. Anything earlier in the logs of
77 (particularly about ISM changes and/or elections and anything
after that.)

"Indecision is the basis of flexibility"
-- button at a Science Fiction convention.