[quagga-dev 4195] zebra static route source specifier support [RFC]

David Stevens dlstevens at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 29 22:42:37 BST 2006

The following patch adds support for setting the source address in
static routes via zebra on Linux.

Notes:
1) The patch is relative to quagga 0.99.4, not the CVS tree.
2) IPv6 commands and source support in zebra are included,
        but I don't believe the current Linux kernel supports
        setting a preferred source for IPv6
3) It's had limited testing, though I'm not aware of any bugs
4) The command support should be #ifdef-ed for Linux+netlink,
        since the "src" specifier won't do anything without it.

        I'll do some more testing with it, and I also want to
look into adding RTA_PREFSRC support for IPv6 to Linux
netlink, but I wanted to get this patch out soon and get
comments on it.

                                        +-DLS