[quagga-dev 4131] Re: Inconsistent "inactive" route in OSPF

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Mon May 8 19:36:32 BST 2006

On Mon, 8 May 2006, Erik Tromp wrote:

> Okay you have a point...
>
> So now I go to the guys at OLSR and tell them they made a
> piece of #$%^

No - don't tell them that :). (OLSR is really cool actually).

> Nope. So the route would have become inactive after 1 minute?

That's the theory.

> Indeed this will also be the case often. Multi-hop connections do
> occur in the wireless world.

Right, and that case would definitely be useful. Your original case
is also interesting, but for the reason described by the other
respondent (the OLSR case remains 'pointless' ;) ).

> So will you support it :-) ?

I'd like to see it, yes. It'll probably require recursive route
lookups.

> Then I have a case to get OLSR patched (or do it myself) to not
> enter pointless routes. Then, there will be interopability!

Yes.

> Anyway thanks for your patch. I will try it tomorrow. Which version
> can I patch it on?

It was against 0.99-CVS.

NERVE GAS IS NOT A TOY
NERVE GAS IS NOT A TOY
NERVE GAS IS NOT A TOY
NERVE GAS IS NOT A TOY

 	Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 2F32