[quagga-dev 4428] Re: [quagga-users 7613] Re: FW: Unicast routing with OSPF

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Fri Oct 6 19:52:24 BST 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Andrew J. Schorr wrote:

> Have you tried using a CVS 0.99 snapshot with my PtP over ethernet
> patch (attached)?  This may help...

Looks good. Nits:

- Do we really need the more lax 'CONNECTED_ID'? Why would the local
   address be unique if its in same subnet? If the local address has a
   range > 1, then why use PtP addressing? Shouldn't we just have
   'CONNECTED_PREFIX' everywhere?

- The OSPF 'network' command needs to retain its 'greedy' matching
   behaviour, on both local and peer (if present) :)

God grant me the senility to accept the things I cannot change,
The frustration to try to change things I cannot affect,
and the wisdom to tell the difference.