[quagga-dev 4345] Re: Want to contribute !!!!!

Ashish Karpe ashishkarpe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 03:13:17 BST 2006

On 8/24/06, Vincent Jardin <vincent.jardin at 6wind.com> wrote:
> Quagga is mainly missing, by priority:
>   1st- PIM
>   2nd- BGMP
>   3rd- DVMRP
>
> Regards,
>   Vincent
>
> Ashish Karpe wrote:
>
> > Namaskar,
> >      we are team of 3 members doing our Engineering project.
> > we want to contribute to quagga (zebra) project so can anyone tell us
> > about what is needed to be done in this project.

 We have decided to give multicast protocol support for quagga/zebra
routing suite which includes.

1.Protocol Independent Multicast (RFC 2362)
2.Border Gateway Multicast Protocol (RFC 3913)
3.Distance Vector Multicast Routing Protocol(RFC 1075)

         This protocol list we got from community (quagga/zebra
mailing list). This protocols are already been implemented for
software as well as hardware router but not for quagga/zebra. So it
will be an porting project. But we are trying to find which is not
implemented either for software as well as hardware router & we will
implement that for software router (quagga/zebra).
        So please help us in this regard !! Please tell what exactly
we should be doing !!